Challenge: Joby Energy was in the process of developing a visionary, high-altitude wind generation technology. The company was at a critical stage in its development. Founder and CEO JoeBen Bevirt sought government support for his cutting-edge technology, which requires restricted airspace within which to operate.
Joby Energy chose Tigercomm to help it educate federal legislators and regulatory agency officials about the game-changing energy potential of high-altitude wind.
JoeBen Bevirt Interviewed at the ARPA-E Summit
Tigercomm responded by:
- Mapping the universe of government officials critical to the company’s success. Selecting and coordinating the work of a specialist government regulations firm to further Joby Energy’s business objectives
- Developing the communications and legislative plan to engage those policy makers
- Securing and staffing three briefing tours for JoeBen with decision makers at influential national media outlets, trade publications and research institutions – such as the Electric Power Research Institute
- Preparing JoeBen for a presentation before the U.S. House Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Caucus, including review of a slide deck and handouts to ensure message consistency
- Reviewing and developing web content, while providing support and counsel in expanding the company’s online presence
JoeBen was interviewed by CleanSkiesTV, and Joby Energy's technology was mentioned in an E&E News' ClimateWire story on the airborne wind industry, among other relevant trade publications. We also arranged face-to-face meetings with leading national energy outlets including Platts and The Energy Daily to build awareness of the company and its technology.
"Tigercomm understands how to harness a company's assets to help it scale. They took the time to deeply understand my business, then crafted a message and a smart strategy focusing our communications on the audiences critical to our success."- JoeBen Bevirt, Joby Energy Founder and CEO