Challenge: After a European launch of its newest panel received minimal attention, the world’s largest panel maker wanted to showcase the product in the U.S. market. But Trina Solar faced an industry downturn and little perceived difference between competing manufacturers’ panels.
Solution: Design & execute a U.S. product launch plan, showcasing the new Trina Solar panel as lead component in company’s commitment to being a full-service provider.
- Positioned panels as part of complete solution to highlight panel performance and easy-to-install features, as well as new service from Trina Solar to help companies with their panel installations
- Targeted and briefed a core group of influential industry reporters to break and frame the story, then used resulting coverage to build additional attention and media momentum
- Media trained and staffed a new executive lead for briefing interviews
- Used pre-packaged video to highlight the ease of installation, while we teamed with Trina Solar’s marketing team to develop a splash page and collateral
Boosted media coverage by converting the story from just another product launch to positioning of company as leading a sector change:
- 21 stories in customer-facing trade publications, including: Renewable Energy Focus, Clean Energy Authority, Power Engineering, PV Tech, Solar Builder and Solar Industry magazine
- Trina Solar’s stock increased 10% following day