Challenge: After a European launch of its newest panel received minimal attention, Trina Solar wanted to showcase the product in the U.S. market. But the company faced an industry downturn and little perceived difference between competing manufacturers’ panels.
Solution: We designed and executed a U.S. product launch plan, showcasing the panel as the lead component in a trio of new offerings that demonstrated the company’s commitment to being a full-service provider. In executing the plan, we:
- Positioned the panels as part of a complete solution to highlight panel performance and easy-to-install features, as well as a new service from Trina Solar that helped companies with their panel installations.
- Developed a release strategy that targeted and briefed key reporters who broke the story early, then used resulting coverage to build additional media momentum.
- Media trained and staffed a new executive for briefing interviews. Used pre-packaged video to highlight the ease of installation, while we teamed with Trina Solar’s marketing team to develop a splash page and collateral.
We increased media coverage by shifting the story from just another product launch to positioning the company as leading a sector change.
- We generated 21 stories in customer-facing trade publications, including: Renewable Energy Focus, Clean Energy Authority, Power Engineering, PV Tech, Solar Builder and Solar Industry magazine.
- Trina Solar’s stock increased 10% in the day following the U.S. release.
- B2B marketing support and thought leadership Tigercomm deploys a range of tailored services…more
- Crafting and delivering message Tired of message "boxes" and message "triangles"?…more
- Generating attention that connects with customers, investors, policymakers, and voters We blend traditional earned media techniques with…more
- Planning and building effective communications operations We work closely with our clients' existing…more