Challenge: After a European launch of its newest panel received minimal attention, the world’s largest panel maker wanted to showcase the product in the U.S. market. But Trina Solar faced an industry downturn and little perceived difference between competing manufacturers’ panels
Solution: Design & execute a U.S. product launch plan, showcasing the new Trina Solar panel as lead component in company’s commitment to being a full-service provider
- Positioned panels as part of complete solution to highlight panel performance and easy-to-install features, as well as new installation assistance service
- Target a core group of influential industry reporters to break and frame the story. Use resulting coverage to build additional attention
- Media train and staff a new executive lead for briefing interviews
- Used pre-packaged video to highlight ease of installation, while we teamed with Trina Solar’s marketing team to develop
splash page collateral
Positioned the panels as part of a complete solution to highlight panel performance and easy-to-install features, as well as a new service from Trina Solar to help companies with their panel installations.
Developed a release strategy that targeted and briefed key reporters who broke the story early, then used resulting coverage to build additional media momentum.
- Media trained and staffed a new executive for briefing interviews.Used pre-packaged video to highlight the ease of installation, while we teamed with Trina Solar’s marketing team to develop a splash page and collateral.
Boosted media coverage by converting the story from just another product launch to positioning of company as leading a sector change
- 21 stories in customer-facing trade publications, including: Renewable Energy Focus, Clean Energy Authority,
Power Engineering, PV Tech, Solar Builder and
Solar Industry magazine
- Trina Solar’s stock increased 10% following day