Here are five recommended reads for today (5/4/15).
- According to RenewEconomy, "Tesla battery storage will accelerate exit of coal generators."
- At Greentech Media, the "Energy Gang talks with AWEA’s CEO about where America’s wind industry is headed."
- The Hill reports, "The American Wind Energy Association released a study Thursday reporting that 100 wind power projects with a generating capacity of 13,600 megawatts are under construction in 23 states during the first quarter of the year."
- At the NRDC Switchboard blog, Katharine McCormick argues, "Low-income people and those on fixed-incomes could benefit hugely from the Clean Power Plan, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's proposal to reduce the dangerous carbon pollution from our nation's power plants."
- Forest Ethics has a "critical assessment" by several environmental groups of "long-awaited new safety standards for rail tank cars used to haul volatile Bakken and tar sands crude oil."