Here are five recommended reads for today (4/13/15).
- The Guardian reports, "China’s coal imports fell by nearly half in the first three months of the year as the slowing economy and tougher rules on pollution took their toll."
- According to RenewEconomy, in Austrlia, "The Golden Age of gas – which would usher in the transition from high polluting fossil fuels to clean renewables – is over. Probably before it even started."
- The Denver Post reports, "Colorado's big coal-burning utilities take a turn to renewable energy."
- According to The Economist, "even if the tax credit is cut, as expected, solar electricity could displace 9.7% of American retail electricity sales by 2019, reckons Bernstein, a research firm—over 30 times the share today."
- NPR reports on "How Solar Power Has Gotten So Cheap, So Fast."