Here are five recommended reads for today (12/29/14).
- According to The Telegraph, "The sudden fall in the price of crude oil, from $120 to just $60 a barrel in six months, is the biggest economic shock of 2014 and the fallout is expected to be profound and long-lasting, especially for the oil majors."
- Climate Progress reports, "Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla Motors, announced an exciting Christmas present for electric car enthusiasts: an upgrade to the company’s Roadster will enable it to travel over 400 miles — or nonstop from Los Angeles to San Francisco, as Musk tweeted Thursday evening — on a single charge."
- MediaMatters has its "6 Most Ridiculous Attacks on Clean Energy in 2014." The list is topped by CBS' 60 Minutes, which in January "aired a report titled, "The Cleantech Crash," which attempted to label clean energy a 'dirty word.'"
- Renewable Energy World lists its top 10 blog posts of 2014.
- Climate Progress reports: "[In 2015, Pope] Francis is expected to tell the planet’s 1.2 billion Catholics why acting on climate change is essential to the faith using an influential church document called an encyclical. This has been long-rumored, but will reportedly be released to the world’s 5,000 bishops and 400,000 priests following a papal visit to the hurricane-damaged city of Tacloban in the Philippines."