Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, speaking to the "Energy All-Stars" event held at Department of Energy headquarters in Washington, DC this past Saturday, proposes a "Race to the Top"-style program for clean energy. I live tweeted the event; here are my tweets specifically about Gov. Granholm's talk.
- @JenGranholm talks about her experience trying to save manufacturing #jobs in #Michigan
- @JenGranholm - We need national #energy policy to help create jobs, fight global warming, etc.
- @JenGranholm proposes Clean Energy jobs race to the top - says let's go big!
- @JenGranholm - Let's challenge the states to innovate, create clean #energy jobs (in spite of Congressional gridlock)
- @JenGranholm - Every state has something to offer (#solar #wind #biomass); there are huge opportunities all over country
- @JenGranholm - We have a critical national need to have energy independence AND to create a strong middle class