Local Media Generation
SCHOTT North America
Challenge: SCHOTT, a German-headquartered company, wanted to build the identity of its North American solar PV business unit as a strong business partner of the communities that host its manufacturing operations.
Solution: We worked with the company to leverage the strong relationships its New Mexico solar manufacturing operations had with local solar integrators and installers. We developed a media strategy around a theme provided by SCHOTT, “Truly Domestic Energy.” We then wove the theme through a series of announcements showcasing New Mexico installers putting SCHOTT panels on area buildings. As part of the strategy, we:
- Developed relationships with targeted New Mexico print and broadcast reporters.
- Pitched these outlets and other national solar industry publications on covering rooftop solar installations involving schools and a commercial parking garage, which was afterwards announced as the largest solar array in the state.
- Worked with partner organizations to coordinate and amplify the message that the installations were part of New Mexico’s transition to a solar state.
- Wrote a Renewable Energy World blog post highlighting SCHOTT’s industry thought leadership.
The media strategy not only generated significant print and broadcast media attention for SCHOTT as a positive economic force in New Mexico, it did so by positively highlighting the work of its customers. Local print media, including the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico Business Weekly, Las Cruces Sun News, Associated Press and Around 505 magazine, covered the installations. Local print publications picked up the parking structure solar installation story 13 times in two days, while all four Albuquerque television stations aired the story. Online cleantech and financial outlets, such as Solar Industry Mag, PV-Tech, CNBC, Clean Energy Authority and Tree Hugger, added to the impression of SCHOTT’s expanded profile.
- B2B marketing support and thought leadership Tigercomm deploys a range of tailored services…more
- Crafting and delivering message Tired of message "boxes" and message "triangles"?…more
- Event planning and execution Designing that impactful event with built-in appeal…more
- Generating attention that connects with customers, investors, policymakers, and voters We blend traditional earned media techniques with…more